Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. DAY 30 !!!

I may have been 6 or 7 years old when Monet and I first met through an art book which illustrated photos of his lily ponds and lotuses.  The images were love at first sight for me.  His compositions were so beautiful that I never dared to paint a lotus until tonight.  Since that day, somewhere deep inside me, I held a belief that lotuses are never to be painted again as they will never look as beautiful as Monet's. 

Twenty years later, I was introduced to the idea that a lotus is well loved all around the world.  This mystical flower holds many meanings in different beliefs. 

Last week, I strolled through a local gallery shop and noticed beautiful paintings of lotus ponds by a local artist.  They inspired me.

Today, for my final daily painting I created my very first lotus.
To me it symbolizes; Beauty, Rebirth, Enlightenment,  Fortune. 

Thank you for viewing my month of painting fiasco!  

No comments:

Post a Comment